Make and Take Party – DIY Holiday Gifts Theme
Thinking about making homemade holiday gifts using essential oils? Invite your friends over for a make-and-take party! Here come some ideas on a “Holiday Gifts” party theme.
Find simple instructions below to make five memorable holiday gifts—Winter Smooth Hand Scrub to comfort skin exposed to harsh elements, Winter Fresh Spray to freshen any indoor environment, moisturizing lipsticks to keep your lips soft, mouthwatering soft candies to add taste at your party, and invigorating “The Day After” Bath Salts to use after a big day of rich foods, family, and fun!
Winter Smooth Hand Scrub
- In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon. [Base Oil]
1/3 Cup olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
- Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
- Pour contents into an 240ml mason jar.
Winter Fresh Spray
- Unscrew the lid of a clean, empty 60ml spray bottle.
- Using a funnel, fill with distilled water up to one finger’s width from the top.
- Add 10 drops a blended oil with Pine, Cedar and Spruce trees.
- Top off with witch hazel and shake well.
- Spray in indoor spaces or onto linens and carpets to add a fresh, aromatic boost.
Moisturizing Lip balm
- Slowly melt the
13g Organic beewax
38g High quality vegetable oil
by hot water (double boiler method).
- When the temperature drops until the hand is able hold the solution and does not feel hot (temperature about 50C), you can add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. After mixing, pour into the lipstick tube (10pcs) and wait for cooling.
High antioxidant Wolfberry soft candy
- First dissolve
1.5 teaspoons Agar agar powder (or gelatin powder)
60ml Ningxia wolfberry juice
on medium heat.
- Then add
60ml Ningxia wolfberry juice
1 teaspoon Organic honey
It is recommended to use metal spoon to stir until all materials are dissolved.
- When the temperature of the material is slightly lowered, then add
3 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
3 drops Lime Essential Oil
- Take a taste, usually it will be sweeter, but the sweetness will decrease after it gets firm.
- Pour the material into the silicone mold and enjoy the soft candy after it gets firm. Depending on the size of the silicone mold, it usually takes 2-3 hours for refrigerating.* It is recommended to consume soon after it is ready.
“The Day After” Bath Salts
- To a 120ml jar with cork lid, add
1/4 Cup Epsom salt
1/4 Cup Kosher salt
10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
10 drops Juniper essential oil
- Secure the cork top and shake well.
- Add as desired to a hot bath.
Give your gifts some pizazz by decorating with string, tags, and ribbon. Place the gifts in a clear confectionery bag and tie off with ribbon and give to neighbors, teachers, friends, family—or yourself!
Organize a hands-on “Holiday Gifts” make-and-take party with these DIYs; and tie in the season by playing holiday music, diffusing essential oils with the scent of Christmas such as Cinnamon, Orange and Spruce, and serving the delicious Wolfberry soft candy!
BHBL EDUCATION facebook— Testimonial and sharings on healthy lifestyles
BHBL TRAINING facebook – One-stop full-time training for members who want to promote healthy lifestyles to others
BHBL AromatherapyCourse facebook– Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy course (French style), BHBL members enjoy half price and priority registration
BHBL “精油身心靈” Book – Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy essential oil book (French style), special offer for BHBL members
DrMomMom facebook – About Parent-child health and education