Essential oil substitutes for your favorites!
Each bottle of essential oil is good to the last drop, but what about when that last drop is gone? Don’t stress—there are plenty of ways to substitute essential oils. If you’ve ever wondered how to substitute with Frankincense, Peppermint, or Tea Tree, then this is the post for you! We have essential oils you can trade out for your most-used favorites.
Lemon – Lemongrass
- Brighten your space with cheery citrus scents.
Idaho Balsam Fir – Idaho Blue Spruce
- Get the refreshing aroma of the great outdoors.
Jasmine – Ylang Ylang
- Sweeten your space with fresh florals.
Tea Tree – Geranium
- Help maintain healthy- looking skin and hair.
Jasmine – Myrrh
- Add to your nighttime lotion to moisturize skin.
Lemon – Grapefruit
- Give skin a more even-looking tone.
Ylang Ylang – Helichrysum
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Lavender – Frankincense
- Put your best face forward and support healthy-looking skin.
Blend D – Peppermint
- Support healthy digestion. **
[Blend D combines Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli]
Tangerine – Orange
- Add fresh flavor to drinks, snacks, and dessert. **
Basil – Oregano
- Upgrade savory staples like pasta sauce and soup. **
Cinnamon Bark – Clove
- Spice up your tea, breakfast, or dessert. **
** Note: The essential oils used must be GRAS-approved for internal use.
Peppermint – Wintergreen
- Relieve pain.
There will be a substitute!
In an emergency, if you urgently want to have a blended essential oil which is not around, you may consider using one/some of the single essential oils in the blend. Don’t panic, there must be a substitute.
Extras: DIY Antimicrobial wipes
- Makeup remover pads
- Household cleaner*
- Distilled water
Household cleaner to water ratio – 9.5ml (1 capful): 285ml [1:30]
*An all-purpose concentrate formulated with Rosemary, Lemongrass, Thyme and Cinnamon bark
- Mix the household cleaner and distilled water
- Pour (1) into a container with makeup remover pads and make sure that all pads are soaked with the solution.
If you do not have this household cleaner, you can first make this synergy.
DIY Antimicrobial synergy
- Rosemary 30 drops
- Lemongrass 25 drops
- Thyme 10 drops
- Cinnamon bark 3 drops
- Drop the above essential oils into a 5ml glass bottle in order and set aside.
- Prepare 50ml witch hazel (The original version with alcohol), pour the antimicrobial synergy into the witch hazel and shake / stir until the mixture turns milky white.
- Add 50ml of distilled water and shake vigorously
Pour (3) into a container with Makeup remover pads and make sure that all pads are soaked with (3).
BHBL — Testimonial and sharings on healthy lifestyles
BHBL – One-stop full-time training for members who want to promote healthy lifestyles to others
BHBL – Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy course (French style), BHBL members enjoy half price and priority registration
BHBL “精油身心靈” Book – Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy essential oil book (French style), special offer for BHBL members
– About Parent-child health and education