The best-ever solutions to get your home smelling divine!
I smell it, I like it, I want it . . . for my house! Yes, you can take your most-loved botanical scents and perfume your home all day, every day! Want to step into a tropical oasis? Or walk through the front door and breathe a fresh, floral dream? Maybe you miss Granny’s famous apple pie and want to re-create that cinnamon-spice scent. Now you can with essential oils and our solutions to uplift your home!
Essential oils to freshen the air
With so many essential oils to choose from, how do you pick? While you can use any oils you have on hand, these are fan favorites for deodorizing the air.
- Tea Tree essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Eucalyptus Globulus and Eucalyptus Radiata essential oils
- Kunzea essential oil
- Basil essential oil
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Blended Oil with Citrus type of oils
- Blended Oil with Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary oils
- Blended Oil with clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary oils
Keep it clean
There’s nothing quite like coming home to a clean space with fresh scents perfuming your surroundings. Tidy up around the house to make it smell extra bright. Here are some tips to keep your space smelling sparkly clean.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum. This trifecta—when performed regularly—can rid the place of kid spills, leftover crumbs, and germs that somehow snuck inside!
- Deodorize the carpet with baking soda and essential oils. Carpets attract bad smells when they trap dirt and bacteria, but regular cleaning can banish the imposters. Mix 1 cup baking soda with several drops of your favorite oils, sprinkle over carpets, and let sit for 20-30 minutes before vacuuming.
- See it, then clean it. Wipe up spills as they happen, especially on fabric like rugs, couches, or pillows, to avoid stains.
- Lighten your laundry load. Clean your clothes and sheets every week, so they don’t pile up. Make sure your comforters and quilts get a good wash regularly as well to banish musky odors.
Tip: Freshen sheets in between washes by sprinkling a few drops of Lavender on them before climbing into bed. Bonus: The calming scent will help you drift off to dreamland.
Freshen the stinkiest of spots
Stinky spots—every home has them! Get down to the nitty gritty to rid the unwanted odors you want to live without.
- Take out the trash. It’s simple but annoying—however, you’ll feel so free in the kitchen with the pungent leftovers securely in the dumpster. Add a few drops of Lemon or Tea Tree on a cotton ball to place under the liner for an even fresher scent.
- Keep the fridge clean. Throw out old food, wipe up spills as they occur, and do a deep clean with soap and water every month or two.
- The odors from smelly shoes and sweaty athletic equipment can be gone in seconds. Make a baking soda sachet to stash in the closet—a few spoonfuls of baking soda plus 5 drops of EO in a coffee filter, tied at the top with string.
- Clean up after your furry friends. It’s no secret that our pets can get a little stinky. Remember to wash, refresh, or replace their bedding weekly and clear the litter box daily.
Sweeten the air
Make every moment you’re in your home sweetly scented. Clear out the bad smells with these simple tips!
- Crack a window to let in fresh air. Even just a few minutes of nature coming indoors can purify your home and boost your mood.
- Put essential oils on your air filter. Yes, it works wonders and fills your home with your hand-selected scent!
- Diffuse essential oil combinations. We have diffuser blends to replace your candles, blends that smell like national forests, and even some that are as sweet as candy.
- Make a DIY linen spray. Spritz away on anywhere from curtains to cushions. It’s a linen lifesaver!
- Keep fresh flowers in the house. This one is obvious—they smell fresh and they look pretty. It’s a win-win.
- When all else fails, bake a healthy treat. Who doesn’t love the sweet smell of something tasty in the oven? We sure do!
Bring dreamy scents into your home on your own terms. Remember, a fresh aroma in a clean home is a happy home!
BHBL — Testimonial and sharings on healthy lifestyles
BHBL – One-stop full-time training for members who want to promote healthy lifestyles to others
BHBL – Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy course (French style), BHBL members enjoy half price and priority registration
BHBL “精油身心靈” Book – Hong Kong’s first Aromatherapy essential oil book (French style), special offer for BHBL members
– About Parent-child health and education