The Ancient Wolfberry –
The Creation of Ningxia Wolfberry Juice
The legendary Ningxia wolfberry (also known as the goji berry) has long been sought after for its rich nutritional content. With documented use dating back to the Ming Dynasty, it is one of the earliest known superfruits utilized in ancient Chinese health practices. Residents of the Ningxia region of northern China, where the wolfberry grows, have especially enjoyed the astonishing wellness-supporting benefits of the wolfberry that grows in the area. However, due to the Ningxia region’s physical and political isolation, knowledge of this remarkable superfruit remained relatively hidden from Western culture.
The founder’s search for the ultimate superfruit
The founder of the Oil Company was traveling the world 23 years ago seeking the secrets of longevity, energy, and vitality, when he was introduced to Chinese scientist, he told him about a delicious berry that had been prized for thousands of years in China for its powerful health-supporting benefits. The scientist further explained that the people who regularly ingested this berry led remarkably long and healthy lives. While in China, the founder also learned that Chinese biochemists at the Ningxia Institute of Nutrition had analyzed the wolfberry and found it to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. He became convinced that this superfruit needed to be made available to the world.
Wolfberry puree is the core ingredient in NingXia Wolfberry Juice. The wolfberry is revered for its unparalleled nutritional profile, which includes fiber, zeaxanthin, critical amino acids, polyphenols, polysaccharides, and a distinctive ratio of trace nutrients. To ensure that no one will miss out on any transformative wolfberry benefits, wolfberry puree is used instead of juice so NingXia Wolfberry Juice includes the goodness of the whole berry: the skin, juice, and pulp.
NingXia Wolfberry Juice is also formulated with a dynamic blend of blueberry, plum, sweet cherry, aronia, and pomegranate juices, plus grape seed extract, vanilla, and stevia, which help give it its vibrant taste and color. What really sets NingXia Wolfberry Juice apart is its blend of Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, and rare Yuzu essential oils. These oils add their own array of health benefits such as supporting healthy digestion and also contribute to NingXia Wolfberry Juice’s delicious flavor.
Knowing more about NingXia Wolfberry Juice
According to “Compendium of Materia Medica《本草綱目》”, regular consumption of wolfberry can nourish the kidney and generate sperm, nourish the liver and improve eyesight. Wolfberry is rich in various amino acids, alkaloids, zeaxanthin, Lycium barbarum polysaccharide, carotene, thiamine, riboflavin and a variety of minerals, etc. Modern medical research has confirmed that eating wolfberry can improve kidney health, help lower blood sugar and blood pressure, and even inhibit the deposition of fat in liver cells, lower cholesterol, promote liver cell regeneration, and delay aging. effect of fatigue. In recent years, a study by the University of Hong Kong has shown that wolfberry can also improve sexual performance.
Wolfberry is so nutritious and healthy; many people also eat wolfberry. But not everyone also knows the best way to eat wolfberry. The most common is the direct consumption of dried wolfberry fruit, wolfberry tea and cooking with wolfberry. However,
- In the production process of directly eating the dried wolfberry fruit, the microorganisms and enzymes in the wolfberry continue to chemically react to decompose the active ingredients in the wolfberry, so it will not be the best way to eat.
- To consume wolfberry tea, it is necessary to eat the wolfberry in the tea as well, not just drinking the tea (in addition, the water for making tea should not contain heavy metals and other harmful substances, otherwise drinking too much is harmful to the body!).
- In the method of stewing/cooking wolfberry, its nutrient absorption rate can only reach 2.03% at most, most of the effective substances are either destroyed or wasted during cooking. Some research reports also pointed out that this method of consumption can only absorb up to 0.8% of Lycium barbarum polysaccharide.
Moreover, is it suitable for diabetics to take wolfberry?
Many studies have confirmed that Lycium barbarum polysaccharides have immunomodulatory therapeutic effects on diabetic rats. Lycium barbarum polysaccharide is a good hypoglycemic substance, but if the patient only drink wolfberry tea (tea only), not only does not absorb the effective hypoglycemic ingredient in wolfberry – wolfberry polysaccharide, but instead absorbs many components that increase blood sugar such as fructose. Therefore, diabetics should pay attention to the method of eating wolfberry, they should let their body absorb the wolfberry polysaccharide in the wolfberry to lower blood sugar.
From all these studies, it is advised to just drink a small glass of Ningxia wolfberry juice (2 oz) every day to easily maintain the healthy functioning of 11 systems in the body.
• Wolfberry legends and records of ancient Chinese medicine reach back 5000 years
• The antioxidant (ORAC) scores for well-known superfoods like raspberries is 1204; for strawberries it is 1540; blueberries is 2400 and the Ningxia wolfberries are at an amazing 25300 in their ORAC value. (which means they are above and beyond a superfood!)
• The Orange, Yuzu, Lemon, and Tangerine essential oils in NingXia Wolfberry Juice contain d-limonene, which is a powerful wellness-promoting constituent
• NingXia Wolfberry Juice is free of high-fructose sweeteners
• Wolfberries and exotic fruits such as blueberry, cherry, aronia, pomegranate, and plum give NingXia Wolfberry Juice its delicious flavor
• NingXia Wolfberry Juice combines pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils with naturally powerful ingredients to clear the mind and enhance mental fitness, while also providing a boost of energy and daily pick-me-up when needed.
• NingXia Wolfberry Juice is Halal and Kosher-certified in the ml bottle packaging and Halal-certified in the single-serving sachet packaging
*The article has not been evaluated by the FDA. Any description is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.