Every year, the holiday season gives us an opportunity to remind our friends and family how much they mean to us. Making your own handmade presents conveys a personal touch and care that you can pour your heart into without emptying your bank account. That’s where we come in! We’ve some simple and personal essential oil DIY gift ideas that you can make in no time!
Winter Smooth Hand Scrub
1. In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 tsp. Base Oil
1/3 Cup olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
2. Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
3. Pour contents into a 200 ml mason jar.
4. Scoop a small amount to massage over your hands and rinse off with warm water.
Winter Fresh Spray
1. Unscrew the lid of a clean, empty 50 ml spray bottle.
2. Using a funnel, fill with distilled water up to one finger’s width from the top.
3. Add 10 drops Pine, Cedarwood, or Spruce trees essential oils
4. Top off with witch hazel and shake well.
5. Spray in indoor spaces or onto linens and carpets to add a fresh, aromatic boost.
1. Prepare a 10 ml perfume bottle or roll-on bottle
2. Add your essential oil collection and swirl to combine
3. Top off the bottle with grapeseed or almond oil and swirl again to perfect your new perfume!
Essential Oil Recipe
Feel floral fresh with this classic perfume! Soft notes of Patchouli and Lavender blend with the bright notes of Orange for a scent you’ll love.
4 drops of Patchouli essential oil
3 drops of Lavender essential oil
2 drops of Orange essential oil
Cool and Collected
Step into the limelight with this citrus-inspired blend. Lime’s tart aroma blends with earthy Cedarwood oil and warm Patchouli oil for a refreshing scent.
5 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
3 drops of Lime essential oil
2 drops of Patchouli essential oil
Feel as fresh as a rose garden at sunrise with this floral masterpiece. Patchouli, Bergamot, and Rose combine to make an unforgettable perfume you’ll want to wear every day.
5 drops of Bergamot essential oil
3 drops of Patchouli essential oil
2 drops of Rose essential oil
“The Day After” Bath Salts
1. To a 100 ml. jar with cork lid, add
1/4 Cup Epsom salt
1/4 Cup Kosher salt
10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
10 drops Juniper essential oil
2. Secure the cork top and shake well.
3. Add as desired to a hot bath.
Scent is the sense most closely tied to memory, so this gift will help remind them of you whenever they wear it. We hope these memorable holiday gift ideas give you a big day of sweet memory, family, and fun!